Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Home, At Last
(view right off our patio)
Today's song: "California here I come,
Right back where I started from."
I am grateful for:
safe landings
a new non-leaking air mattress
friendly faces
fresh produce
sand in my toes
Favorite sign:
Ho-made pies
I haven't been able to compose a prompt posting due to lack of internet access. We arrived at our new address on Friday evening after an 8 hr. + drive, much of which was through the flat, dusty, hot Mojave Desert. There wasn't a whole lot to look at or much worth reporting, though Route 15 did pass right through the "exciting" city of Las Vegas.
We arrived at our hacienda and went right out to the patio which overlooks a very green, treed country club. Our very friendly property manager left us a bottle of water, a bottle of wine, a welcome card, and two cups. Can't ask for a warmer reception than that. We are very eager to be done with the tedious tasks of moving -- shopping for household items, changing addresses, setting up utilities...and our own possessions do not arrive till next week. In the meantime, we are "camping out" on our air mattresses.
Thanks to all who joined us by followng the blog. Maybe this time, I'll actually get around to writing that Epi -Blog.
Today's favorite food pick: Roberto's fish taco
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So grateful you made it safely and you are feeling so 'at home'. The view is lovely and very inviting. Be sure the spare room does NOT have an air mattress and a lovely sleep number contraption set at 9.
ReplyDeletewe'll have that spare bed, but no promises about the contraption....
ReplyDelete